In this day and age, most people use the internet to find products and research your services long before they plan to purchase in store or meet in person. So if you own a business, it’s vital to ensure that your products and services are presented and marketed as professionally as possible. Having a great website with effective website design is both a necessity to compete with your peers and a huge benefit for your business.
However, not all website design is created equal. You need to find a balance between your website’s aesthetics and seamless functionality. You also need to provide your customers and clients with all the necessary information and content they need to make a quick and informed decision. Even some large, international brands can struggle to find the perfect balance. Tip too far towards a design-focused approach, and you could risk impacting your website’s functionality or content.
Good web design requires research, careful planning, and a good understanding of how people behave when using websites. If you get the website design process right, your business will quickly start to reap the benefits.
If you’re interested in learning more about creating a well-designed and effective website for your business, read on!
The importance of effective website design
When people search online for products or services, they are influenced by two significant factors: reliable sources and appealing website design.
When a customer has to choose between two businesses that offer the same product or service, they are far more likely to choose the one whose website is more visually appealing and easy to use. A professional-looking web design can help build trust and credibility for your business. Once you’ve won people’s trust, you need to keep them engaged with compelling content and an intuitive user experience. Then they’re far more likely to become your next customer or client.
10 benefits of great web design for your business
1. Building trust – With a well-designed website, your business will look professional and credible which is more likely to build trust with your website’s visitors
2. Accessibility – Your website will be accessible on all devices including desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet – regardless of the screen size.
3. Increasing dwell time – Visitors will be more likely to stay on your website for longer if it’s both visually appealing and has valuable information.
4. Increasing brand awareness – Great design will help to build your brand identity as more people will become aware of your company’s image and story through search engines, like Google, and social media channels, such as Facebook and Instagram.
5. Better user experience – Improving your website’s user experience – its structure and ease of use – will result in happier visitors. And Google loves good user experience!
6. Improving reputation – Your online reputation will improve by gaining positive feedback from users who find your website easy to use and navigate.
7. Communicating pride – A well-designed website shows that you take pride in your business and your products and services. People will be more likely to share your website with others as it will make a statement about their taste – including your staff.
8. Increased sales – You will sell more products or services due to an increase in web traffic generated by an effective web design.
9. A long term investment – Frequent redesigns can become costly and time-consuming so by designing your website properly now, you won’t need to redesign it for years to come, saving money in the long run.
10. Better search engine listing – Focus on the points above and your website will start to rank higher in Search Engine Results.
So how do you go about crafting a well-designed website? We’ll cover that in our next article:
The 10 steps to achieve the best web design for your business